I’ve been looking at the bananas sitting on my counter for the past week. They’ve been getting browner and browner and browner…. So, instead of throwing them out, I decided to make some bread.
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
3 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour (whole wheat or all-purpose)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
1/4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
1. Move oven rack to low position so that the top of pans will be in center of oven. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of bundt.
2. Mix sugar and butter in large bowl. Stir in eggs until well blended. Stir in bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla beat until smooth. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt just until moistened.
3. Spread pecans evenly on the bottom of the bundt. Put half batter in bundt. Spread blueberries evenly over batter, and top with the second half of the batter.
4. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
5. Loosen sides of bundt and place top side up on a wire rack. Cool completely.