I made Coconut Curry last night. It was good. Good enough to tweet about…
This recipe was taken from Pinch of Yum’s blog and slightly adapted. Hope you love it as much as we did!
- 1 cup lentils
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 small heads broccoli (and/or other veggies of choice)
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/8 of an onion
- optional: 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- optional: curry and/or chili powder to taste (I like it extra spicy, so I added both)Instructions1. Bring chicken broth to a rolling boil. Add lentils, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 40 minutes or until lentils are soft.2. Sauté broccoli, onion and garlic if you’re using it in a tablespoon of oil. After a few minutes, add the coconut milk and let simmer for 5-8 minutes. The broccoli should soften but still be tender-crisp.3. Add the curry paste to the pan and whisk it until it combines with the coconut milk. Add the chickpeas.4. Bring to a slight boil and add the cornstarch. Boil for about a minute, then reduce heat and let cool slightly. Sauce will thicken as the mixture cools.5. Place curry over cooked quinoa. Enjoy!