This week marks one year in Florida. How did that happen?
Feeling a little sentimental, I’ve intentionally set aside some time to reflect over the past 365 days, to re-walk my blessings and to see God’s hand in the midst of the hard times. While I will always consider myself a Washingtonian, I am learning that my home is where my heart is. And I’m choosing to plant it here, investing and trusting that’s here I’ll stay until I die, or God moves me.
Looking back over the past year, here are few nuggets that stand out to me:
- Obeying and trusting God isn’t always easy, but He’s always good
- Keep an open mind and be willing to learn
- Asking questions is wise
- Community is important
- Building lasting relationships take time and effort
- Skype and FaceTime are awesome
- I have a really great group of friends
- Never say never…
- With time, my hair actually adjusts to humid climates
- I really love sharing the Gospel with children
- God is always faithful
I’m so thankful for the life I’ve been given. I really do feel like I have much more than I deserve. Thank you to all of you who pray for me, encourage me, challenge me, make me laugh, buy me coffee and are consistently in my corner. I love you guys, and I wouldn’t be where or who I am without you. Community is a gift. And you play a huge part in that.